The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will now require the use of the StaySafe.PH mobile application for passenger contact tracing on Public Utility Vehicles (PUVs), in accordance with LTFRB Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 2021-041 released on June 21, 2021 adopted by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution No. 87, Series of 2020.
“In order to enhanced contact tracing of passenger of public utility vehicles who may possibly be exposed to the coronavirus disease, the use of effective contact tracing application is deemed necessary.” as stated in the LTFRB’s MC.
All PUV operators are required to do the following in accordance with the said guidelines within 30 days:
- Register with StaySafe.ph application and create your own QR Code.
- Post the QR Code on the entrance door and inside the PUVs for passengers to see immediately.
- Require all passengers to use the QR Code when boarding and disembarking PUVs.
- Make the data collected in the contact tracing app available to the LTFRB in accordance with the stipulated provisions of the Data Privacy Act.
- Coordinate with StaySafe.ph for assistance in collecting and using the data obtained in contact tracing.
In addition, the public health and safety protocols or the “7 Commandments” are still strictly enforced on all public transportation as recommended by health experts:
- Always wear a face mask and face shield.
- It is forbidden to speak and communicate via Cellular Phone.
- It is forbidden to eat.
- Always maintain proper and adequate ventilation in PUVs.
- Always perform disinfection
- Passengers with symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to ride on public transportation.
- Always follow the physical distancing rule (“one-seat apart” rule).
The LTFRB also reminds PUV operators and drivers to follow agency policies. Anyone caught violating the provisions of the MC will be subject to corresponding penalties, such as fines and removal of their Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC) or Provisional Authority (PA).