Isa sa magiging kaabang-abang na aktibidad ng Baragatan Festival 2022 ay ang Saraotan sa Dalan o street dance competition na gaganapin sa araw ng Hunyo 23, 2022 sa ganap na 1:00 ng hapon na magsisimula sa Immaculate Conception Cathedral patungong Capitol Compound.
Ayon sa nangangasiwa ng nabanggit na aktibidad na si Aimee Sombilon, mahalaga ang gagamitin tema ng mga munisipyo na lalahok sa Saraotan at pagkakataon na maipaglaki ng mga ito ang kanya-kanyang kultura at anking yaman ng kanilang lugar.
“Ito kasi yong Saraotan hindi siya yong isang team lang actually…per munisipyo may sarili silang…kung ano ang culture nila sa munisipyo iyon yong kailangan nilang i-showcase…so magkakaroon siya ng ibat-ibang klaseng story at ibat-ibang klaseng theme na dadahilin yong bawat munisipyo…so hindi lang siya yong iisa yong gagawin nila…so kung ano ang nasa kanilang munisipyo nila iyon yong kailangan nilang i-promote na culture nila doon,” saad ni Sombilon
Dagdag pa ni Sombilon, nasa 7 munisipyo na umano ang kasalukuyang nakapag parehistro na umano sakanila at tumataginting na ₱1,000,000.00 naman ang maiuuwi ng tatanghaling kampeon sa Saraotan sa Dalan bagay na ipinagmamalaki nito dahil ito umano ang unang beses na nagkaroon ng ganito kalaking premyo sa baragatan.
“Actually ang pinaka highlights siyempre ay yong prizes…first time kasi na sobrang laki ng prizes na ibibigay ngayon na cash…so dahil doon sa cash nagkaroon tayo ng 6 to 7 contingence na mga munisipyo…hindi pa siya sure yong pang 7 kasi nga may hinihintay pa silang parang yong mananalo sa kanilang festival ay iyon ang ilalaban nila for street dance dito sa province sa baragatan,” saad ni Sombilon
Narito naman ang kabuuang detalye ng Saraotan sa Dalan/Street Dance Competition
Baragatan Street Dance Competition 2022 is open to all municipalities of the Province of Palawan. This would be a showcase of the rich culture of every municipality, all united Palawan, enjoined to strengthen and highlight
Palaweño culture with the scope of intercultural convergence.
Each contingent shall be within the minimum of fifty (50) and a maximum of one hundred (150) performers including dancers, musicians, support staff, props men, and guidon bearer who carries the banner or placard identifying the group. Props men should wear black shirt and black pants. Support staff who assist participants during costume change should also wear black pants and a black shirts in order for the committee to counter-check each municipality’s composition. Submit names of dancers, musicians, support staff, props men, and guidon bearer. Failure to comply will be an automatic deduction of 1 point from the final score.
The choreography should depict the customs, traditions, or way of life (bountiful harvests, weddings, fiesta, etc.] of their municipality. The important criterion is authenticity based on cultural research.
Participants are allowed to enrich the base music using any other native instruments provided that the base beat with all its elements is present and remains unaltered. Performers should primarily anchor in promoting Palaweño culture, dances, or its significance in intercultural convergence. Only live music will be allowed during the street dancing and presentation; however, amplification is highly encouraged during the performance, Criteria under music include authentic rhythm, tradition/ customs, creativity, dynamics, and melody composition. Songs and chants may be used.
- As for the production, every delegation should showcase their culture through the use of design, motifs, images, materials, and textiles found in their place. It should also reflect their own environment,creativity with originality, and dynamic use of basic design principles like harmony, balance,composition, contrast, focus and variation level.
- Costumes are to contingent discretion while the use of endemic and indigenous materials is highly encouraged. Props and paraphernalia may be used during the parade and in the dance showdown/ competition. The props must not be higher than I2 feet tall. The use of float is allowed.
- Each group shall be assigned a number by means of draw lots. The number shall dictate the order of the parade and presentation. Contingents’ names must be mounted on a placard or signage as props visible to the viewing public during the parade and presentation for proper identification.
- Every delegation or contingent shall provide the committee with 9 copies of their synopsis and a complete list of participants for the judges’ reference. The deadline for submission is on June 21, 2022. Failure to comply will be an automatic deduction of 1 point from the final score.
- Contingents should observe the time limit which is a maximum of twenty [20) minutes and a minimum of five (5) minutes of performance including the reading of synopsis, setting of props, and entrance, and exit of participants.
- Time is counted at the start of the synopsis reading and ends at the first step of exit.
- The timer on stage will raise a white flag to signal the start and on the tenth (10th) minute, the timer will raise the red flag two minutes (2mins.) before the time to signal the end.
- Each contingent shall designate its own timer to coordinate with the time director.
- One (1) point for every thirty  second overtime will be deducted from the total score in performance. The stage timer shall advise the result of the time consumed.
- In cases not covered by the rules and regulations, the Judging Committee is empowered to promulgate the decision.
GUIDELINES FOR JUDGING
- There will be two judging areas: (1) Mendoza Park and (2) Corazon Aquino Park
- Securities will maintain a 10 meters gap from each contingent,
- The judges will employ a point system
- In case of a tie, the contingent that gets the most number of higher ranks will be declared as the frontrunner,
- Failure to comply in any of the guidelines will be an automatic deduction of 1 point from the final score,
- The decision of the judges is final and unappealable.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Performance (Endurance & sustained quality performance) 30%
Choreography (clarity of formation and effective use of props) 30%
1st Prize ₱1,000,000.00
2nd Prize ₱750,000.00
3rd Prize. ₱500,000.00
Consolation Prize (₱100,000.00/contingent)
5 Special Awards (₱10,000.00/special award)
- Most disciplined
- Best in Musicality
- Best in Costume
- Best in Concept
- Best in Production Design
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRAINERS/COACHES OF CONTINGENTS
- All participating groups should confirm their participation on or before May 30, 2022.
- Another meeting will be scheduled for the draw lots to determine the placement of groups in the Street Dancing parade and the sequence of the contest In the showdown.
- The cornrittee shall have the right to determine the placerent of any group not represented in the meeting for the final briefing. Assembly of all participating contingents is at 1;00 pm on June 23, 2022 at the Immaculate Concepcion Parish Church, Puerto Princesa City.
Samantala, iniimbitahan naman ang lahat na manood at makiisa sa selebrasyon ng Baragatan Festival 2022 simula Hunyo 10-30.
“So iniimbitahan namin ang lahat na ma-witness nila yong buong duration ng baragatan from June 10-30…so araw-araw ibat-ibang ano yan events punong-puno iyan ng activities pambata, pang matanda, babae, lalake lahat-lahat na…lahat ng gender LGBTQ lahat iyan pasok yan sa baragatan celebration po natin,”
“So may mga invited guest din tayo from Manila so kasama iyan doon lahat para maki-celebrate together sa atin ng baragatan,”