Last Updated on
Joseph Vincent Carpio, acting market superintendent, told Palawan Daily News (PDN) Wednesday this is to arrest the further spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), which is in line with the main aim of the ECQ.
“Actually kanina lumalabas naman ako. Ngayon tinitingnan ko, mino-monitor ko ‘yong nangyayari. Isang napansin ko, isang problema, unang-una kaunti ‘yong namamalengke. Isang problema walang masakyan,” said Carpio.
“Kung ako ang mag-a-assess, walang problema kung i-shorten natin. We have to think about the welfare of our vendors tsaka ‘yong ating tao rin, ‘yong exposure nila,” he added.
Carpio stated this was first consulted with the association of market vendors, chief of the city barangays whose jurisdiction covers the public markets, to the city administrator, and even to the city information officer.
Carpio said this will be applicable both for the wet and dry goods at the new and public markets.
He added this will contribute not only to the welfare of the consumers, but also for the market vendors.
He further stated the 6 a.m. to 12 noon business hours will continue until President Rodrigo Duterte orders the lifting of this ECQ.
Carpio also made clear that the earlier circulating Facebook posts noting that the market time window will be from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., is actually false.
He also clarified that there is no age limit of 18 to 60 years old mentioned in the memorandum order that he released, which also circulated earlier in Facebook posts.
“It has been clarified na walang directive na ganoon,” he said.