ADVERTISEMENT
Palawan Daily News
  • Home
  • Latest News
    • City
    • Provincial
    • National
    • Regional
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN
    • Contact Us
    • Ownership and Funding
No Result
View All Result
Palawan Daily News
  • Home
  • Latest News
    • City
    • Provincial
    • National
    • Regional
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN
    • Contact Us
    • Ownership and Funding
No Result
View All Result
Palawan Daily News
No Result
View All Result
Home Government

Bayron: No more casual workers by 2020

Gerardo Reyes Jr by Gerardo Reyes Jr
December 12, 2019
in Government, Puerto Princesa City
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
City Government to release bonus by December 20

City Hall employees during the regular flag raising ceremony at the City Hall Monday revel in the announcement of Mayor Lucilo Bayron on the upcoming release of their service recognition incentive (SRI). Photo by Gillian Faye Ibañez/Palawan Daily News

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Mayor Lucilo R. Bayron announced that there will be no more casual and contractual workers in the city government since these current positions performed by casual and contractual will be created as vital functions of each department and offices, while the aspirants will undergo a selection process almost similar that of the Personnel Selection Board (PSB) procedures for permanent positions.

“Next year ay wala nang casual positions ang mga opisina, kaya kung gusto ninyo na ma-fill-upan ang mga positions ay apurahin na ninyo,” he told city officials and employees during the flag-raising ceremony.

RelatedPosts

City eyes digital payout for allowances

Structure in mangroves area demolished

CDRRMO finalizes hazards contingency plans

In his previous announcement, Mayor Bayron said that the city administration will be downsizing since the daily rate starting next year will be around P500.

Since there will be no more casual and contractual workers by 2020, all the positions will be declared open and the applicants will undergo a selection process almost similar to the process undertaken by the PSB.

He said that last week, from December 3 to 4, 2019, the PSB of the city government chaired by the City Mayor, convened for the interview of the applications for a total of 63 positions.

Mayor Bayron also said that of the 63 positions, 26 are for the appointment of the newly hired personnel, while 37 are for newly promoted city government personnel.

Mayor Bayron said that since they were able to fast track the interview for the total of 63 positions, he said that the process of the selection for the new positions by next year will also be fast-tracked.

“Kayang-kayang pala, a total of 63 positions sa loob lang ng dalawang araw,” he said.

The applicants undergo both written examination facilitated by the city’s Human Resource and Management Office (HRMO) on November 21, 2019, and PSB interview on December 3-4, 2019, prior to the selection and issuance of appointments to 63 positions.

Tags: casual employeecontractualjob orderjob order employeepuerto princesa city
Share29Tweet18
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

City government investigates fake tricycle franchises

Next Post

PTF-ELCAC clears priests linked to NPA

Gerardo Reyes Jr

Gerardo Reyes Jr

Related Posts

City eyes digital payout for allowances
City News

City eyes digital payout for allowances

May 18, 2026
Structure in mangroves area demolished
City News

Structure in mangroves area demolished

May 18, 2026
CDRRMO finalizes hazards contingency plans
City News

CDRRMO finalizes hazards contingency plans

May 14, 2026
PPCCI partners with WPU to help empower local entrepreneurs
City News

PPCCI partners with WPU to help empower local entrepreneurs

May 8, 2026
BFAR trains Bangus fish cage operators to sustain local production in Puerto Princesa
Agriculture

BFAR trains Bangus fish cage operators to sustain local production in Puerto Princesa

May 5, 2026
City News

City crafts contingency plan for sanitary landfill

May 4, 2026
Next Post
PTF-ELCAC clears priests linked to NPA

PTF-ELCAC clears priests linked to NPA

Display center for jail-made handicrafts now open

Display center for jail-made handicrafts now open

Discussion about this post

Latest News

Congress pushes for strengthening energy and supply security

Congress pushes for strengthening energy and supply security

May 18, 2026
City eyes digital payout for allowances

City eyes digital payout for allowances

May 18, 2026
Structure in mangroves area demolished

Structure in mangroves area demolished

May 18, 2026
Seaside Cebu Arena to open this June 2026

Seaside Cebu Arena to open this June 2026

May 15, 2026
PAGASA: El Niño may emerge starting June 2026

PAGASA: El Niño may emerge starting June 2026

May 15, 2026

POPULAR NEWS

  • Igorot hunks plant tree seedlings in Yamang Bukid Farm

    Igorot hunks plant tree seedlings in Yamang Bukid Farm

    15262 shares
    Share 6105 Tweet 3816
  • ‘Rizal is still relevant in a modern society’

    11719 shares
    Share 4688 Tweet 2930
  • Aktres na si Maja Salvador, sa Puerto Princesa inabutan ng quarantine

    10301 shares
    Share 4120 Tweet 2575
  • Everything you need to know about ukay-ukay and its illegality

    10119 shares
    Share 4048 Tweet 2530
  • Palawan ranks 2nd for 2020 Hottest Destination in the world

    9749 shares
    Share 3899 Tweet 2437
ADVERTISEMENT
Palawan Daily News

© 2025 All Rights Reserved. Alpha Eight Publishing

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
    • City
    • Provincial
    • National
    • Regional
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN
    • Contact Us
    • Ownership and Funding

© 2025 All Rights Reserved. Alpha Eight Publishing