The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) MIMAROPA applauds the exceptional dedication of the municipality of Narra, Palawan and five other local government units (LGUs) in the relentless fight against illegal drugs.
The awarding of the 2022 National Anti-Drug Abuse Council (ADAC) Performance Awards was held on November 22, at the Crowne Plaza Galleria Manila, Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City.
The six awardees include:
1) Municipality of Narra, Palawan – Headed by Acting Municipal Mayor Marcelino Calso Jr.
2) Provincial Government of Romblon – Led by Governor Jose R. Riano
3) Municipality of Calatrava, Romblon – Represented by PNP PCPT Nanette Pablico
4) Municipality of Cajidiocan, Romblon – Represented by Punong Barangay Engr. Eduardo Rizo
5) Municipality of Looc, Romblon – Represented by Chief of Police PMAJ Elmer M Fajel
6) Municipality of Magdiwang, Romblon – Headed by Mayor Arthur R. Tansiongco
According to DILG Mimaropa, these LGUs demonstrated outstanding achievements in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of anti-illegal drug activities through their Anti-Drug Abuse Councils (ADACs).
DILG Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr. and Catalino S. Cuy, Chairman of the Dangerous Drugs Board, graced the event, recognizing the crucial role played by these LGUs in the national fight against illegal drugs.
In attendance during the awarding were DILG MIMAROPA Regional Director Karl Caesar Rimando, CESO III; LGMED Assistant Division Chief Atty. Erika Mae U. Gumabol; ADAC Regional Focal Person LGOO V Riznette Kathleen S. Sales; ADAC Regional Technical Assistant Risally T. Somigao; MLGOO Ronald Fabellon; MLGOO Gleida Katrina M. Lim; Romblon Provincial Director Frederick C. Gumabol, and Palawan Provincial Virgilio L. Tagle.
The event celebrated the collective efforts in making exceptional impact toward a drug-free and safer community.