Last Updated on
The City Sports Office (CSO) of Puerto Princesa has called on public Monday patiently wait for the setting up of all safety measures and guidelines within the facility.
Atty. Rocky Austria, the City Sports Director, told Palawan Daily News (PDN) June 1, his office is still going to conduct meetings with the city government to talk about the facility’s preparations.
“Please do understand ‘yong hinihingi ko lang [ay] pang-unawa, pero ginagawa namin ito para sa kanila, para sa ating lahat. Huwag naman nilang madaliin masyado kasi baka magkamali tayo,” said Austria.
“Let’s try our best na mai-open din para maka-exercise din sila, pero please kung medyo nale-late nang kaunti, huwag naman tayo masisi dahil ito ginagawa natin para sa kanila,” he added.
Atty. Austria said there are lots of important matters to consider prior opening the facility again to the public during this Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ). He said they started studying the matter last week.
Austria said while the national government’s Inter Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has already allowed the reopening of sports facilities to the public, there are important protocols on the local level needing to be set first.
He said some of these are the use of face mask while exercising and its possible effect on health; establishment of foot-bath and disinfection booth; proper registration in preparation for possible contact tracing procedures; social distancing measures, and other important concerns.
He added while the provision allows “all ages” to go outside residences, they are still going to check on whether or not the children are allowed to use the sports facility.
Austria further stated they are yet to determine the specific guidelines to adopt for each sport allowed during MGCQ, in line with those already approved by the National IATF.