Last Updated on
Punong Barangay Ronaldo “Mong” Sayang of Barangay Sta. Monica told his constituents not to lose hope, as he promised to help actual residents of the barangay who are not in the list of the City Planning and Development Department, so that they will also receive the P1,500 relief assistance from the city government.
This is in connection with the relief assistance of the City Government of Puerto Princesa which they allocated P1,500 each households in 66 city’s barangays. The fund was sourced from its unutilized Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Fund (LDRRMF) as relief assistance to families and individuals affected by the enhanced community quarantine due to coronavirus disease (Covid) -19.
The list of households was generated from the recent household and establishment mapping survey in all the city’s barangay conducted during the last quarter of 2018 until first quarter of 2019. The survey has been linked to the existing community-based monitoring system (CBMS) and this generated household spot maps, house tagging, and numbering. However, some city residents complained that they are not in the list since they do not own a land or house, therefore they are not listed in the list of households.
“Maging mahinahon lang po tayo at wag nawakan ng pag-asa,” Sayang messaged his constituents through social media.
He said that during the house-to-house release of the relief assistance from the city government worth P1,500, he directed his staff to get the names of actual residents of the barangays who are not on the list.
The Punong Barangay assured his constituents that he will bring the matter to the city government, inasmuch as he wanted that these affected families too in his barangay will also receive the assistance.
“Sa lahat po ng aking mga kabarangay sa Sta. Monica na wala po ang inyong pangalan sa list ng City Planning, pag-ikot po ng maga-release, akin pong ipapakuha ang mga name ng nandito talaga nakatira pero wala sa list nila. Susubukin po nating ilapit sa kanila,” he further said.
He said that Barangay Sta. Monica is a barangay of more than 24,000 individuals and it has more than 4,000 households.
While doing a round within some purok of Sta. Monica, several individuals are interviewed by this writer who manifested that they are expecting to receive the P1,500 relief assistance despite the fact that they are not in the list of households.
Among them is Nilo. Jr. ,28, who operated his tricycle within the different routes in Barangay Sta. Monica since last year. He stopped operating his trike since last week, when the heightened quarantine measures have been implemented that suspended all public transportation. He said that being merely a space renter, he is not in the city’s list of households.
Donna,30, a saleslady in a dress store located in Purok Employees Village, Brgy. Sta. Monica. The store where she worked has been closed since March 18, 2019. She said that she is a registered voter of the barangay, but is not in the list of households since she is just renting a room.
Roberto Tasi,18, who worked in a water refilling station and a father of a four-months old baby has two dependents. Like Donna and Nilo, he too also rented a boarding house with his spouse, Ruth, 18, and their baby daughter. Since last week, he is in an on-call basis, since they also stopped their daily operations. He said that he is also among the affected individuals in the barangay and is expecting that he too will receive the relief assistance despite being not in the list of households.
Ritchel, 34, and a mother of two, is also a registered voter of Sta. Monica, but she said that they are not in the list since they are only renting a house.