Last Updated on
The City Council has approved Monday a resolution that requests hotels, inns, restaurants, and other tourism-related establishments to adopt DOLE’s guidelines on 2019-nCoV prevention and control.
City Councilor Patrick Hagedorn, the author of the resolution, noted that establishments in the city must abide by Advisory No. 4 of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
Hagedorn reasoned that as a precautionary measure, DOLE Advisory No.4 or “The Guidelines on 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) prevention and control at the workplace”, must be adhered to because it aims to direct all employers to:
- Provide information about 2019-nCoV including its transmission, disease outcome, and treatment options to their work;
- Clean the work areas with disinfectant and make sure that water, soap, and sanitizer are available in all washrooms and toilets;
- Avoid or reduce direct exposure of workers to animals, environments and objects which may be possibly carrying 2019-nCoV;
- Ensure food in canteens or similar areas is properly prepared, handled and cooked;
- Emphasize to all workers the everyday actions to stay health and keep a clean workplace
Hagedorn also stated that this resolution is pursuant to Republic Act (RA) 11058 or “An act strengthening compliance with occupational safety and health standards and providing penalties for violation thereof.”
He also noted that the resolution gives emphasis to Section 16 of Republic Act 7160 and Section 16, Article 2 of the 1987 Constitution.