ADVERTISEMENT
Palawan Daily News
  • Home
  • Latest News
    • City
    • Provincial
    • National
    • Regional
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN
    • Contact Us
    • Ownership and Funding
No Result
View All Result
Palawan Daily News
  • Home
  • Latest News
    • City
    • Provincial
    • National
    • Regional
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN
    • Contact Us
    • Ownership and Funding
No Result
View All Result
Palawan Daily News
No Result
View All Result
Home Provincial News

Palawan legislature OKs P59.8-M Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Special Trust Fund use

Diana Ross Medrina Cetenta by Diana Ross Medrina Cetenta
March 19, 2020
in Provincial News
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Palawan legislature OKs P59.8-M Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Special Trust Fund use
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The Provincial Board of the Province of Palawan approved yesterday the request of Gov. Jose Alvarez to pass an ordinance ratifying the utilization of PDRRMC’s accumulated P59,760,501.50 Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Special Trust Fund as of Dec. 31, 2019.

Although the request of the chief executive through a letter dated March 16, 2020 was originally included in the “Other matters” of the agenda, it was approved immediately because of urgency.

RelatedPosts

Napocor assures fuel supply assistance at lower rates to power providers

DSWD, DOLE trains 232 4Ps beneficiaries in Bataraza

BFAR warns public vs Box jellyfish

Provincial Administrator Joshua Bolusa explained that part of the fund will be used for the compensation and benefits of the frontliners such as the doctors of barangay, nurses, barangay health workers, members of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO), and the members of the Peace and Order Program (POP).

In addition, PDRRM Officer Jeremias “Jerry” Alili said that the approved budget will be utilized also for the construction of isolation building for the identified hospitals in the island municipalities and in purchasing personal protective gears (PPG’s) for the frontliners, responders, MDRRMO, district hospitals and all hospitals in the province for centralized effort.

During the “Emergency Meeting for COVID-19 Preparedness and Response” of the provincial officials last week, Gov. Alvarez already announced the plans on the construction of isolation buildings with isolation rooms as preparations to worst-case scenario if in case the number of Persons Under Investigation (PUI’s) have increased and isolated rooms of a certain hospital can no longer cater them.

“Para kung magkaroon tayo ng insidente ay kaagad makontrol natin, including ‘yung pagbili ng high vitamin C at saka high vitamin D para sa mga seniors; pinirmahan ko na rin ‘yan [na ang pondo ay] galing din sa preparedness fund sa probinsya,” the Governor said.

Tags: covid-19watchPalawanpioProvincial Government of Palawan
Share73Tweet46
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Palawan steps up measures to contain COVID-19

Next Post

Fish cages no longer allowed in Puerto Princesa Bay

Diana Ross Medrina Cetenta

Diana Ross Medrina Cetenta

Related Posts

Napocor assures fuel supply assistance at lower rates to power providers
Energy

Napocor assures fuel supply assistance at lower rates to power providers

May 15, 2026
DSWD, DOLE trains 232 4Ps beneficiaries in Bataraza
Provincial News

DSWD, DOLE trains 232 4Ps beneficiaries in Bataraza

May 15, 2026
BFAR warns public vs Box jellyfish
Provincial News

BFAR warns public vs Box jellyfish

May 11, 2026
DSWD AICS set to release P5,000 cash assistance to 566 drivers in Palawan
Provincial News

DSWD AICS set to release P5,000 cash assistance to 566 drivers in Palawan

May 6, 2026
Alvarez consults locals for proposed biomass plant in Roxas town
Provincial News

Alvarez consults locals for proposed biomass plant in Roxas town

May 5, 2026
Provincial News

Coron procures trike for waste collection

May 4, 2026
Next Post
City Government seeks the lifting of ECQ if Puerto Princesa remains COVID-19 free until the end of March

Fish cages no longer allowed in Puerto Princesa Bay

City Police Office plans to implement ‘color coding’ of vehicles

City Police Office plans to implement ‘color coding’ of vehicles

Discussion about this post

Latest News

Congress pushes for strengthening energy and supply security

Congress pushes for strengthening energy and supply security

May 18, 2026
City eyes digital payout for allowances

City eyes digital payout for allowances

May 18, 2026
Structure in mangroves area demolished

Structure in mangroves area demolished

May 18, 2026
Seaside Cebu Arena to open this June 2026

Seaside Cebu Arena to open this June 2026

May 15, 2026
PAGASA: El Niño may emerge starting June 2026

PAGASA: El Niño may emerge starting June 2026

May 15, 2026

POPULAR NEWS

  • Igorot hunks plant tree seedlings in Yamang Bukid Farm

    Igorot hunks plant tree seedlings in Yamang Bukid Farm

    15262 shares
    Share 6105 Tweet 3816
  • ‘Rizal is still relevant in a modern society’

    11719 shares
    Share 4688 Tweet 2930
  • Aktres na si Maja Salvador, sa Puerto Princesa inabutan ng quarantine

    10301 shares
    Share 4120 Tweet 2575
  • Everything you need to know about ukay-ukay and its illegality

    10119 shares
    Share 4048 Tweet 2530
  • Palawan ranks 2nd for 2020 Hottest Destination in the world

    9749 shares
    Share 3899 Tweet 2437
ADVERTISEMENT
Palawan Daily News

© 2025 All Rights Reserved. Alpha Eight Publishing

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest News
    • City
    • Provincial
    • National
    • Regional
  • Advertise
  • Online Radio
  • Opinion
  • Legal Section
  • Lifestyle
  • About the PDN
    • Contact Us
    • Ownership and Funding

© 2025 All Rights Reserved. Alpha Eight Publishing